The author of the project is mainly interested in the attitude of the nobility attending three Lesser Poland regional assemblies (Kraków, Lublin and Sandomierz) to issues concerning Church-state relations over a long chronological period (16th-18th centuries). They fall within the current of socio-religious research, recently neglected, and constitute the basis for the analysis of societies in the aforementioned chronological span. Thus, the proposed research activities are focused on the following issues:
• contacts of the assembling nobility with the Church hierarchy, mainly bishops,
• the issue of religious tolerance and intolerance,
• the conflicts between the nobility and the clergy, which directly translated into the content of the sessions of the regional assemblies, but also of the general assemblies,
• patronage of the nobility towards church institutions,
• involvement of the nobility and clergy in the affairs of the Republic, in its defence against external enemies and the resulting financial (tax) support.
Author: Robert Kozyrski