The project aims to discuss changes in the spatial structure of the Evangelical-Augsburg Church from 1945 to 1990. At the beginning, changes in the Protestant (Lutheran) churches after World War II will be presented, as a result of actions related to the reorganisation of the religious situation by the state authorities.
The aim of the project is to identify the causes of these processes, as well as to illustrate them by the cartographical method. The maps will show not only the territorial structures in different time periods, but also the corresponding demographic data (number of believers). The Evangelical-Augsburg Church as one of the few did not blatantly falsify the number of its believers, like for example the Orthodox Church or the Polish Catholic Church.
Realization of the topic will allow to show the dynamics of changes and transformations, which led to the formation of the current image of the territory of the Evangelical-Augsburg Church in Poland. This Church, although its space is still subject to changes, has a stable structure, based on the one formed until the 1980s, which most accurately reflects the distribution of Lutherans in Poland.
Author: Sławomir Mielnik